Frequently Asked Questions
As long as your organization is categorized under one of the classes below, you are eligible to participate and take advantage of the thousands of products offered.
Public School Districts
CPS strives to meet the needs of your agency by providing solutions and products at the tip of your finger tips to save you time and money without the hassle of conducting your own bids.
The categories you will find offered are:
- Art Supplies
- Assistive Technology Equipment Line
- Athletic Trainer and Physical Education Supplies Line
- Audio Visual Equipment and Supplies
- Automotive Equipment and Supplies
- Batteries and Projection Bulbs
- Books and Textbooks
- Bulk Fuel Procurement
- Cafeteria and Smallwares Supplies
- Classroom Supplies
- Communication Consortium
- Computers and Technology Supplies
- Copy Paper
- Cosmetology Equipment and Supplies
- Custodial Chemicals
- Custodial Supplies and Equipment
- Early Childhood Supplies
- Electricity Procurement
- Energy Services for Residents (Electricity and Natural Gas)
- Environmental Hazard Recycling Services
- Environmental Services
- Family and Consumer Science
- Fitness Equipment
- Industrial Supplies and Technology Education (lumber, metal, etc.)
- Library Equipment and Supplies
- Lighting and Lamp Supplies
- Maintenance, Repair, and Operation Supplies
- Musical Instruments and Sheet Music
- Natural Gas Procurement
- Nursing and Medical Supplies
- Office Supplies
- Playground Equipment and Supplies
- Printing and Graphic Art Supplies
- Science Equipment and Supplies
- Special Education Equipment and Supplies
- Sports Equipment
- Sports Uniforms
- Statewide Hardware Program
- Testing Materials
Participation is absolutely FREE. It’s as simple as signing up and registering. To do so Click Here.
No it does not.
CPS follows The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Public School Procurement Code. It is best to verify your state allows purchasing contracts bid and / or negotiated in Pennsylvania.
CPS was created by a Pennsylvania Intermediate Unit to provide schools and governmental agencies with a valuable free resource to save money, share ideas, and collaborate. CPS offers a one stop, competitive procurement solution. We welcome you to join our network and work together to achieve our common goals.
CPS follows The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Public School Procurement Code. All contracts are either competitively bid or negotiated under these guidelines. Before making a purchase ensure these standards comply with your requirements.
Line Item Bids
Quantity based bidding is available for all to participate. The seven line item categories include:
- Athletic Trainer / Medical Supplies
- Copy Paper
- Custodial Supplies
- Instructional Art Supplies
- Instructional Classroom Supplies
- Technology Education Supplies
Line item vendors have the option to make their awarded bids piggybackable and availablein the online store. However, there is a chance not all awarded items will have this option.
For a schedule of the bidding cycle and more information on how you can get started,please reach out to one of the CPS contacts.
CPS facilitates and manages the process for bi-yearly bids which are awarded to various vendors for use of their catalog at discounted prices. Bids are awarded by the Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 Board of School Directors, and can be utilized by any public procurement agency.
Visit the Contract section today to explore all the different product offerings available through these contracts.
Our Regional Contracts allow school districts and procurement units the opportunity to utilize exclusive agreements to purchase products and services. These contracts utilize a negotiated price structure which ensures quality product at competitive prices.
Additional benefits include:
- Delivery models that reduce costs associated with warehousing or obsolescence
- Multiple vendors and options
- Bid compliant
- Free to participate
Bid and RFP opportunities for the CPS Program are announced and listed on the main Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 web site under the Bids and RFP tabs. For additional information concerning vendor participation, please click here.